Tis the season to celebrate the joy pets bring to our lives! Get out your camera and your festive props, we want your photos!
Three Chances to Win
One grand prize winner will receive a $100 gift card to the pet food supplier of their choice, and a FLOA gift box. (Sorry, it won’t arrive until after Christmas.)
The second and third place winners will each receive a $50 gift card to the pet food supplier of their choice.
Pet Costume Contest Rules
- Submit your photos here! Photo must be of a pet.
- Deadline to enter is Thursday, December 20 at 11:59 pm.
- We will post photos, a few a day, through Christmas Day.
- The winners will be determined by the combined votes.
How to Vote:
Like the photo on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Each like is one vote.
Donate on the Facebook photo: Each photo will be posted on Facebook. Any donations made on the Facebook post will also count as extra “likes.” Each dollar is one like. All donations will go toward the dog fund or cat fund, depending on what type of animal it is.
- Voting will end on December 26 at 12pm, and the winner will be announced shortly there after.
The winner will be featured on our social media sites with bragging rights, and receive a $100 gift card to the pet food supplier of their choice and a gift basket. The two runners-up will receive a $50 gift card to the pet food supplier of their choice and some pretty spiffy bragging rights!
Tell everyone! Sharing the photo of your pet supporting For the Love of Alex is a great way to spread the word about the work we do as well as help to bring in donations. Email and text your friends and family about the contest as well las sharing on social media. Sometimes posts are missed, but a text is almost always seen.
Make sure your photo is high quality. Here are some quick tips to help you take a great photo:
– Take the photo in an area with good lighting.
– Avoid using the flash if you can, because it creates a glowing effect on pet eyes.
– Turn your phone to get a landscape photo instead of portrait if possible.
– Don’t add a bunch of filters or frames to the photo. In many cases this makes the photo look grainy or too busy.
Thank you for participating. Spreading joy and good feelings is good for everyone, including our pets!
*No purchase necessary to enter. Facebook is not sponsoring or otherwise associated with this contest.In the event of a tie, the winner who reached the total first will win.