Metro the Dog

Metro

Metro was given up to a rescue by his sobbing owner when he needed expensive surgery. He swallowed a section of corn cob, and it was required to be removed from his small intestine. Please donate to get him healthy and back to his owner.

Save A Life

Donate Here

Information

Active Date
Thursday, March 21, 2019
Status
Cat or Dog
Dog

Story

Please help Metro keep his home! A rescue contacted us about Metro, this bulldog mix was surrendered by his owner who was sobbing and devastated. She loved and cared for Metro, who is now 5 years old since he was a puppy. He had swallowed something he shouldn't have and had an obstruction. As a low-income single mother, she couldn't afford the surgery and had no other choice but to give up the dog.

The woman at the rescue did not want to take Metro from her. She could tell that he was a very well cared for dog who loved his owner. This was not a case of neglect, it was a case of an expensive and unforeseen emergency leaving the owner with no other option. To save her dog, she was willing to give him up, though it completely broke her heart. I'm crying just thinking about how hard that must have been.

We are reaching out to you, our Angels to please help us raise $6000 to pay for Metro's surgery to remove a corncob from his small intestine. YOU CAN BRING METRO HOME!

Please donate now to get Metro healthy and back with his mom.

#SendMetroHome

Stay tuned for updates.

Updates

our Mission
For The Love Of Alex Inc. provides emergency funding for life-saving veterinary care of low-income families.