It's so sad the many emergencies that can face pet owners, that are simply impossible to plan for. A North Carolina family is left broken-hearted after their dogs went swimming in a pond with blooms of blue-green algae. Within five hours three dogs died of poisoning from microscopic algae. Just heartbreaking.
Please watch this informative video from CBS News to see what you can do to avoid the dangers of this hidden killer.
Please follow any posted warnings about your local ponds and lakes. If you do believe your dog has been affected, please rinse them off immediately and rush them to the veterinarian.
For The Love of Alex Inc is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides emergency funding for urgent and lifesaving care of pets of low-income families.